Arts Alive! is a 501(c)3 charitable organization. If you would like to join us in keeping the arts Alive in our schools, please consider making a tax-deductible contribution! Your support will directly fund future school productions and student scholarships. From the principal cast members to the backstage crew, everyone’s role is vital to the success of the production. And every donation, little or big, will contribute to the success of Arts Alive!
Arts Alive! strives to produce theatrical events of the highest standard. We believe that children in turn, set very high standards for themselves. Producing theatre is an expensive business; it is not, however, a lucrative one, which is why most Arts’ Institutions stay afloat through grants and benefactors. Here’s what registration fees, box office proceeds and donations go towards:
- Play licensure
- Script duplication for the actors and professional, technical, design, and volunteer staff members
- Hundreds of costumes, either purchased or custom-made; costume storage, dry cleaning, laundry, supplies and occasional shipping
- Sets (scenery), large set pieces, and props that are sourced or designed, built and painted
- Rental of microphones; sound, lighting, and special effects equipment; and walkie talkies
- Contributing artists’ salaries and stipends (including directors, choreographers, rehearsal assistants, production managers, set designers, and technicians)
- Program booklets, posters, and other advertising materials per school play
- Additional rehearsal venue rental
- Janitorial staff
- Storage fees
Arts Alive! employs only professional, trained artists to give the children the highest quality of instruction. We hire professional technical staff, all of whom are paid to assure that they are giving the highest level of commitment to the program.
Arts Alive! also offers scholarships to families who want to participate, but who may be experiencing financial hardship. Here are a few quotes from families who have benefited from an Arts Alive! scholarship.
“… thank you for giving (our daughter) the opportunity to grow as an artist and person at camp. Without the scholarship there was no way she could attend. What a blessing!”
“… (our son) has participated in Arts Alive! productions ever since they first became available to him at Sowams School. His theater experience has been an important part of his education. We are very thankful to live in a town that has such an outstanding youth theatre organization staffed by such talented and professional individuals.”
When making a donation, you can designate what area of need you would like to support. Some examples might be…
- General donation
- Scholarship fund
- Sound & technical equipment
- Storage facility
- Costume materials
- Sets/Props/moving costs
Donations can be made through PayPal (using the button on our home page) or can be sent to Arts Alive!, PO Box 678, Barrington, RI. 02806. Thank you for helping us keep the Arts alive.